I have been this. In fact, I don’t think I have ever spent much time being alone ever since I discovered the opposite sex. I mean, why? Things are so much better.
I’m thinking of all the lines about Love and Sex I’ve used over the years. Here are a couple of them that stand out to me:
1. “I was looking for Mr. Perfect and forgot to look for Mr. Right.” SEAL The Deal
2. “I am still willing to be your meal.” Honeymoon Bite
3. “He had the brass band, the pom poms and the cheerleaders all working for him now.” SEAL My Destiny
4. “Sometimes things that are oh so good for you are also bad for you.” Fallen SEAL Legacy
5. “Too small,” he whispered. When she turned to look, his eyes focused on her lips. Her knees were shaking. She melted when she heard him murmur, “But it will have to do.” Accidental SEAL
6. “Life is full of complications.” Heavenly Lover
7. “I like entangled. I like rich and deep and I like to be sorely missed when I’m gone.” SEAL My Destiny
8. “I’m entranced by your scent. Do you taste as good?” Mortal Bite
9. “Because,” he grabbed her hand and pulled it to his mouth, kissing her knuckles, “she won’t be afraid to tell me what I need to do to please her, with or without the pajamas.” SEAL Under Covers
And to wrap up, here is an excerpt from one of my favorite books that gets little love. So, today, won’t you love a tiny bit of it? It is the meeting between Josh and Melanie and sets off the uncontrollable craving of the Dark Angel for the human woman who runs a flower shop.
It involves the crushing of some beautiful red roses. How perfect for Valentine’s Day. Enjoy:
Excerpt from Underworld Lover:
then walked briskly across the street, dodging traffic, toward the gated
opening. Music was playing in the background, laced with birdcalls. Colorful
birdhouses of various shapes were affixed to poles grounded in large
things I hate. Josh saw
them as nuisances and impediments to his late morning sleep. He didn’t think it
was natural anything could be that happy all the time.
along with lemon bushes overloaded with deep yellow fruit and fragrant white
blossoms formed the next line in front of the birdhouses. On the floor, tucked
away randomly, were shallow pots filled with blooming spring flowers in all the
colors possible. Josh’s nose itched. He hadn’t seen so much blooming color
since his last trip to the Farmer’s Market to visit his friend Simon, the
electric cellist who liked to play his sad music and pick up girls.
probably like one of Simon’s CDs. He made a point to get one to her right
away. Embedded in the music was a very subtle NLP message a human could not
hear except subconsciously; praying for sex, praying for death.
was assaulted with a big bouquet of red roses that was moving so fast he was
unable to stop before impact. Immediately he felt the crush of the delicious
red flora. They emitted their syrupy sweetness through petals that fell on the
shoulders and blond head of a beautiful young woman with light pink skin. She
looked up at his face, hers registering shock. Her eyes were wide and deep blue
as the sky. He was drowning—his heart stopped for a second. The scent of thyme
herbal hand cream, fresh lemon soap, and lip-gloss infused with a cherry flavor
filled his nostrils. He knew that if he willed her, he could make her stand in
front of him, raise her chin, part her lips for him, and beg he claim her.
didn’t want to make her do it. At last, he shared something in common with
He wanted to keep her from being captured.